Thursday, September 13, 2007

Two days til launch....

Wait.... actually now that I look at the clock, only 36 hours. Yeah so anyway early Saturday morning Steve and I will be departing for England (if we hadn't already told you about a million times already). And in honor of such a grand and momentous occasion I decided to start my very first blog. I know, it's exciting isn't it? Everyone has been begging me to start one so here you go. Ok so no one actually begged. Fine, caught me, no one has ever even asked if I had a blog. Well I'm one step ahead of the game.

Anyway I am going to attempt to update this thing pretty regularly so that anyone that cares might read up on my trip and hopefully have a laugh or two along the way. I'm also going to add photos and video right here so you can see Europe right from your living room/den/basement/selarium! See, mom, the internet isn't all bad.

So we leave Nashville Saturday morning, but we have a horrendous layover in Philadelphia (10 hours) so that should be a blast. But from there we go to Manchester, UK. We leave at 7:40 am Saturday and arrive in Manchester at 8:35 am Sunday. I have yet to experience jetlag. That should also be a blast.

Currently I am constructing my packing list and to do list. (I knew I should have started this whole passport thing ealier.)

5 comments:

Alex Pearson said...

Okay don't mind the 36 hours business. My math was off. It should have been more like 56 hours

Unknown said...

Oh noes... not the passport woes! You can get one expedited but I think you have to know the president or something.

Alex Pearson said...

haha, yeah i actually got my passport a couple years ago. I think if I was just trying to get it now, I'd be a) stupid and b) out o' luck.

Anonymous said...

psssh..
Passport shmashport.. They're for losers! Go renegade style ;)

monibu8 said...

Man, one time I was stuck in Philly for three days, too. NOT my idea of fun. At some point you should just head back to Nashville... maybe try again next year.